Saturday, December 19, 2009

Seasons Spirit

I have heard the rantings of Christian's who complain Christ is missing from Christmas- Where'd he go ? He's still the focus of mine. And the Christmas celebration on December 25th has always been his birthday to me and my family and will always remain so. No business or policy can take him from us.But then lets get real-

 I work in a very disversified office- We have a Jewish young man- a Muslim and some I am not sure have a belief system- But getting to discuss this with them helped all of us I think- I learned so much and I even got to share more of the Christ story when I was asked, "So then, what exactly is Easter?" - Great time for dialogue. With that after the conversation, I was inspired to do even more research the following poem is the result of this: Also look up more on these- its fasinating!  Holidays- I did Nov. through new year! I know there are more too...

  Seasons Spirit 
The times they are a changin' for country and neighborhood.
Let's strive to see each other and, to help be understood.
With Thanksgiving starts a season, that's a fitting way to be.
For each of us choose to create beliefs and history. 

Christ is in my Christmas, as well as in my heart.
And with hope and in that spirit, I pause here to impart.
Release the smug injustice, just try and take a while,
Listen to other stories, learn the lessons, share a smile.

The miracles of Hanukkah, when lamps near empty lay,
The menorah celebrates the time it burned for eight more days
A childs game, the Driedel comes from Jewish days of old.
Hiding devout from danger distracting twirls the past unfolds.

Kwanzaa we must not forget, though religious it is not
With groups of sevens it entails much wisdom to be taught.
The principles and symbols celebrated in this time
Should be practiced by everyone in spite of culture binds!

Winter Solstice is celebrated, in so many varied ways,
From as far back as we began to stare at stars ablaze.
Reminding all as seasons change and each year comes to end,
To warmly celebrate when gathering with family and friends.

No matter what you may believe, or how you choose to live.
It's not about what you might take, but what your heart can give!
So whatever be your reason, that you celebrate this year,
May you find my Greeting, of your Holiday, sincere!

If I caused you to wonder, at anything you did find,
Cherish each and every person, in this Season, so sublime.









No comments:

Post a Comment